Support for your business during the COVID-19
The Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) can provide help to support UK Businesses to recover from the impact of COVID-19. RLS can help business to manage cashflow, investment and growth. It is designed to support businesses that can afford to take out additional finance for these purposes. As accredited lenders for RLS we can help support eligible customers with Term Loans starting from £25,001 up to £10m.
A key aim of the Recovery Loan Scheme is to improve the terms on offer to businesses, if we can offer a business the choice of a commercial loan on better terms, without requiring the guarantee provided by the RLS, we will do so.
Key features of RLS with AIB
- RLS can help support UK businesses with a viable business proposition with term loans of between £25,001 and £10 million (maximum £30m per group).
- The scheme runs from 6 April until 31 December 2021, subject to review.
- No turnover restriction for businesses applying to the scheme.
- Borrowers can have existing BBLS/CBILS/CLBILS facilities
Interest & Fees
- Interest and fees to be paid by the borrower from the outset: Businesses are required to meet the costs of interest payments and any fees associated with the RLS facility.
- No guarantee fee payable by the borrower.
- An arrangement fee is applicable.
- Interest will remain payable as it falls due throughout the life of each facility.
- The Government provides us as your lender with a guarantee of 80% to secure the outstanding balance on the facility.
- Your business remains liable for 100% of the debt
- Security may be required, subject to application.
- No personal guarantees are permitted for facilities of £250,000 or less. For facilities over £250,000, claims on personal guarantees cannot exceed 20% of the outstanding balance after all other proceeds recovered have been applied.
- Your business is based and operates in the UK and;
- Has a borrowing proposal which were it not for COVID-19, we would consider viable under our usual lending criteria.
- You can provide confirmation that your business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19.
- You operate in an eligible sector. To find out more about eligibility visit: https://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/recovery-loan-scheme/faqs/#q3
- Is not ineligible due to your trade or organisation. The following trades and organisations are not eligible to apply: Banks, Building Societies, Insurers and Reinsurers (but not insurance brokers). The public sector including state funded primary and secondary schools.
- Credit and fraud checks are applicable for all borrowers.
Important to know
- You need to be an existing AIB customer.
- All lending is subject to terms and conditions and eligibility criteria.
- A key aim of the Recovery Loan Scheme is to improve the terms on offer to businesses, if we can offer a business the choice of a commercial loan on better terms, without requiring the guarantee provided by the RLS, we will do so.’
- You can still apply for the Recovery Loan Scheme if you’ve taken out a Bounce Back Loan or Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan provided you meet the eligibility criteria and lending assessments. The amount you’ve borrowed under a previous scheme may in certain circumstances limit the amount you may borrow under the RLS.
- If you decide to switch your current account to another Bank you won’t have to close your loan but you will continue to be liable for any repayments as per your contract.
- We will not request that you open a business current account with us as part of the RLS loan application.
- You are able to use another provider to manage your business banking while retaining your RLS loan with us.
Full details on RLS, including how the scheme operates, eligibility criteria, and the list of participating RLS lenders can be found on the British Business Bank website at: https://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/recovery-loan-scheme/for-businesses/
How to apply
If you are an existing AIB customer, contact your Relationship Manager.
We will undertake our normal credit assessment process and may require supporting information.
We may ask you to provide certain evidence to show that you can afford to repay the facility. This is likely to include some or all of the following:
- Management accounts
- Cash flow forecast
- Business plan
- Historic accounts
- Details of assets