Information for UK Residents
You will still be able to access all our services through our business centres, the Post Office®, over the phone with our contact centres, and our digital banking options - Online Banking Services and internet Business Banking.
You can continue to:
- Manage your money and make payments - through internet Business Banking and Online Banking Services as normal.*
- Access any of our support products – we have a range of lending products which can assist your business with its cashflow. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Contact your relationship manager or our Customer Service team to discuss in more detail.
- Make and receive payments to and from EU countries – there are no changes to how you use these services.*
- Use your Business Debit or Credit Card - to pay for goods and services or withdrawing cash in the UK or abroad.*
- Access to your deposits – no change to how your deposits work. Eligible deposits continue to be protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to £85,000. Further information is available here.
- Talk to our dedicated Treasury Services team - our team offers bespoke Treasury solutions for your business.
As part of the AIB Group and as a long-established UK financial services provider, we will continue to provide you with the products and services that meet your financial needs. Talk to us today about your financial needs and the range of products and services available to support you.
Information for non-UK Residents
The UK left the EU on 31 January 2020 and moved into a transition period during which it remained in the EU single market. This transition period ended on 31 December 2020 and has resulted in the following changes to our banking services from 1 January 2021:
Non-UK resident customers will be able to continue to use any existing accounts they have with us as normal. Any direct debits or payments will operate as they do today. There will be no changes to existing customers online services and they may sign up for new online services, on their existing accounts, should they wish to do so.
However, from 1 January 2021, as a UK bank, we will not open new accounts, or provide any additional financial services, such as a new overdrafts to anyone who is not resident in the UK.
Please read the FAQs for more details on how these changes may impact you.
More information on what Brexit could mean for you and currency exchange rates can be found here:
GOV.UK - https://www.gov.uk/brexit
FCA How Brexit could affect you-https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/how-brexit-could-affect-you
If you are a personal customer looking for support throughout Brexit, please click here.
*Standard fees and charges apply. Please refer to the price lists here for more details.
Last updated 31st December 2020.