Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register for the AIB Business (iBB) app?
You need to be an iBB (iBusiness Banking) user to register for the AIB Business (iBB) app.
- Search for ‘AIB Business’ on the App store or Google Play store on your mobile phone.
- Download the app.
- Open the app and log in with your User ID, Password and a One Time Code (OTC) from your Digipass. Once you’re registered, you can log into the app with your password for every subsequent login.
Do I need to set up special permissions or limits for the AIB Business (iBB) app?
The app will work with your existing permissions and limits. There's no need for any additional set up.
How do I log into iBB on my computer with the AIB Business (iBB) app?
Once you've registered for the app on your phone, you'll receive a notification to Confirm or Deny when you log into iBB on your computer. Once you 'Confirm' the notification, you'll be logged into iBB on your computer.
How do I log into iBB on my computer if I'm not receiving the notification?
If you're not receiving notifications, please make sure they are enabled for our app on your device. If you're not receiving the notifications, you'll be asked for a One Time Code. This OTC can be generated in the AIB Business (iBB) app by going to Settings > Generate One Time Code (OTC). The code presented on the app can be entered into iBB on your computer.
Why aren't I receiving notifications to log into the AIB Business (iBB) app?
If you're not receiving the notification to log into the app, double check that:
- You’ve enabled notifications for the app
- You’re using the same phone that you downloaded the app onto
- You have a strong enough signal or internet connection to receive notifications.
Is the AIB Business (iBB) app secure?
Yes, the AIB Business (iBB) app is a secure, safe and convenient way to manage your business banking on the go. The service provides the same high level of security as you enjoy with iBB on your computer.
To set up your device you need to register for the app. After this initial registration process, you’ll only need to enter your password at each subsequent log in. The app setup process securely pairs your iBB User ID to your mobile phone. We use the highest levels of industry standard security. As part of this security, we use 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your information.
The app will automatically log you out after five minutes of inactivity. You must be actively browsing to stay connected (i.e. switching between accounts). You’ll need to log in again if you want to keep using the AIB Business (iBB) app.
What do I need to access the AIB Business (iBB) app?
To access the app you need the following:
- Either an iPhone running on iOS 14 or above, or an Android phone running on version 11.0 or above
- The AIB Business (iBB) app downloaded from the App store or Google Play store
- Login details for iBB
- An internet (Wi-Fi) connection.
Customer connectivity to the AIB Business app, using the mobile phone signal, will depend on the telecom provider's mobile/Wi-Fi/broadband network speed. This may vary depending on:
- The number of customers accessing your mobile provider's network at any given time
- Whether the phone is receiving a 3G/4G/5G signal from your mobile provider's network
- The type of phone, operating system and/or browser being used.
If you're having problems with your phone's internet connection, you should contact your mobile network provider/broadband or Wi-Fi service provider.
Stay secure online
iBB will continue to have the same high levels of security, but sadly fraud is a fact of life and so it is important to remain vigilant for scams and internet fraud. Fraudsters may call pretending to be from AIB and ask you to create codes on your Digipass, perform test payments or to authorise test payments. We will never ask you to do this.
You should also be cautious if your computer slows down while using iBB, particularly at log in. This may be a sign of the presence of Malware.
More information on staying safe online is available in our Security Centre