A facility provided by Bacs, ideal for your business payment requirements.
If you require the ability to transmit batches of payments at any one time, then Allied Irish Bank (GB) can sponsor you as a user of the Bacs Direct service.
The service provides you with a direct electronic link to Bacs so that you can process high volumes of credit and/or debit transactions simply and efficiently.
Bacstel-IP is suitable for business customers with a requirement to transmit large volumes of payments at one time. If you will be processing less then 5,000 transactions at any one time, then iBusiness Banking will meet your needs.
How it Works
- Facility allows you to process large volumes of credit and/or debit transactions by direct transmission either via Bacs approved software or through a Bacs approved Commercial Bureau.
- Allied Irish Bank (GB) is required to sponsor you as a Bacs user.
- This service involves a direct relationship with Bacs. Your Business Centre is not involved in the transfer of funds, once the service is set up.
- A maximum Bacs file limit is agreed between the Bank and you, with this limit representing a contingent liability.
- You retain full control of when funds are transferred.
- Allows you to process large volumes of transactions at one time.
- Increased processing flexibility - you can transmit payments up until 10:30pm, two days prior to payment date.
- Manual administration processes and paperwork is removed.
- Improved cash flow management.
- Bank Fees and charges reduced compared to cheques or cash.
Schedule of charges for Bacs Direct
Talk to us
If you are a new customer please call us on 0345 600 5204†. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have about this service.
If you are an existing customer, you can speak directly with your Relationship Manager, or contact your Business Centre
†Lines open: 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.
Application/amendment forms and brochures
If you require further information and support with selection and completion of the correct Bacstel-IP documentation, please contact us.
Bacs Direct documentation
- Bacstel-IP Direct User Application form
- Bacstel-IP Service User Amendment Form
- Bacstel-IP Direct User Customer Agreement
- Bacstel-IP Additional Accounts Form
- Bacstel-IP Direct User Guidance Notes
TrustAssured is a security package to allow users to connect directly to BACS and is required for all Bacstel-IP Direct users: