AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.* is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors - including most individuals and small businesses - are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £85,000 each (making a total of £170,000). The £85,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor's accounts with the bank, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account.
For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim), please ask at your local Business Centre, refer to the information leaflet on the FSCS website www.fscs.org.uk or call the (020) 7741 4100 or 0800 678 1100. Please note only compensation related queries should be directed to the FSCS.
- Large Companies A body corporate which does not qualify as a small company under section 382 of the Companies Act 2006 as applicable**.
- Large Mutual Associations Mutual association or unincorporated association with net assets of more than £1.4 million (or its equivalent in any other currency at the relevant time).
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) LLP’s which do not qualify under the small company criteria as per Companies Act 2006**.
- Overseas financial services institutions
- Supranational institutions, governments, and central administrative authorities
- Provincial, regional, local and municipal authorities
*AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. operates under the trading/brand names of First Trust Bank in Northern Ireland and Allied Irish Bank (GB) and Allied Irish Bank (GB) Savings Direct in Great Britain. The FSCS limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor's accounts with all of these trading/brand names.
** A company qualifies as a small company under the provisions of section 382 of the Companies Act 2006 if it fulfils two of the following three criteria:
· it has a turnover of not more than £6.5 million;
· it has a balance sheet total of not more than £3.26 million; and
· it has not more than 50 employees