- Click on 'Tools' at the top of the browser window. For Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11 the tools option is a small circular icon at the top right hand corner of the page.
- Click on 'Internet Options'
- Click on the 'Security' tab
- Ensure the Internet icon is highlighted and then click 'Custom Level'
- Scroll down to 'Scripting' (almost at the end of the list)
- Ensure 'Active scripting' and 'Scripting of Java applets' is enabled
- A warning may appear stating 'Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone' press 'Yes'
- Click 'OK' to close the open boxes
- Close down all open Internet Explorer browser windows and open a new browser window for the changes to take effect
In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter
Click "I'll be careful, I promise" if a warning message appears.
Click on the "Reload current page" button of the web browser to refresh the page
Click the Chrome Menu at the end of the url bar (located to the right of the yellow star)
Click the 'Settings' option
Click on 'Show Advanced settings'
Scroll down to 'Privacy'
Select 'Content Settings'
Close down all open Google Chrome browser windows and then open a new browser window for the changes to take effect