Rates effective from:
- Small Business Lending Rate from close of business on 20/12/07:
Secured 12.5%; Unsecured 14.5%
- Allied Irish Bank (GB) Base Lending Rate 5.25% (previous rate 5.00%), effective from close of business 3 August 2023.
- Allied Irish Bank (GB) Bank Base Rate can go up or down. Allied Irish Bank (GB) Bank Base Rate is typically the same as the Bank of England Base Rate, although this may not always be the case. All lending facilities with a rate of interest linked to Allied Irish Bank (GB) Bank Base Rate will move in accordance with our base rate changes.
- All rates are variable (can change from time to time), unless otherwise stated.
- Subject to certain exceptions, interest will be paid net after deduction of tax at the basic rate under current legislation. If you are a higher rate taxpayer you may have additional tax to pay.
- Gross stands for contractual rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax at the rate specified by law.
- AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.