Earn fixed interest on your lump sum.
If you have a lump sum to save and you know that you can put it away for a fixed term of 6, 12 or 24 months, then you can benefit from the security of an attractive fixed rate of interest.
*Support Fees may apply, for example, Unpaid Cheque Fee (where a cheque is lodged and subsequently unpaid).
- by transfer from another account held by you in Allied Irish Bank (GB)
- by cheque or draft in the branch
- by electronic transfer from another financial institution.
**You have two business days (including the date of account opening) to make a single lodgement to the account, or the account will be closed.
***You can get details of the interest rate that will apply to your account here, or by contacting your nearest branch.
At the end of your term of either 6, 12 or 24 months (the Maturity date), your Fixed Rate Saver Account will mature. When you are opening your account, or at any stage during the term, you can give us a Maturity instruction stating what you would like to do with your money at the end of the term. You can also change your maturity instruction using our Online Banking Service.
You can choose from three options:
1. You can reinvest all of your funds for the same term again or for a different term. The applicable interest rate for the term you choose will be applied to your account on the day your account reinvests
2. You can withdraw some of your funds and reinvest the balance. You can choose to withdraw the interest you have earned during the term and/or you can choose to withdraw a specified amount, as long as you ensure that the minimum balance of £5,000 is maintained for reinvestment. The applicable interest rate for the term you choose will be applied to your account on the day your account reinvests
3. You can withdraw all of your funds and close your account.
You can change your Maturity instruction at any time during the term, by contacting your branch up until close of business on the business day before your Maturity date.
If you do not give us a Maturity instruction before your account’s Maturity date, your funds will be automatically reinvested for the same term (or a shorter term if the original term is no longer available) at the applicable interest rate for that term on the day of reinvestment.
If you are unhappy with this, you can cancel your account by contacting your branch in writing within 14 calendar days following reinvestment.
This summary box sets out important information that applies to our Fixed Rate Saver account. You should carefully read this document along with the Fixed Rate Saver Terms and Conditions to allow you make an informed decision as to whether this product is right for you.
If you are an existing customer, you can speak directly with your Relationship Team, or call us on (0)345 600 5204†.
Please note you must be a UK resident to open an account with us.
† Lines open: 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.
HMRC is responsible for the collection of taxes and duties in the UK.
From the 6 April 2016 credit interest on all accounts will be paid gross (under new legislation tax will not be deducted when credit interest is paid). If your credit interest is more than your Personal Savings Allowance you may still have tax to pay. Please see www.gov.uk for information on the Personal Savings Allowance or speak to a tax advisor.