Verifying your identity and address
When opening an account, the bank will need evidence of your identity and permanent address.
This page details what our requirements are depending on the type of account you are opening.
Note: There may be other documents we require to confirm your eligibility to open the account you want. Please refer to the other documents section and relevant product page for more details and eligibility criteria.
Proof of identity
- Current signed UK passport
- Current signed Irish passport
- Current UK photocard full driving licence
- EEA Member State identity card
- Electoral identity card
Proof of address
- Most recent three months Bank statements from main account (if you are transferring from another Bank)
- Last three months payslips or last three years certified audited accounts (if you plan to apply for credit)
If you are not able to provide any of these documents, please speak to one of our branch staff or call us on 0345 6005 925† and we will be happy to discuss other forms of identification we can accept.
† Lines open: 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.